We provide support in the areas customarily managed by in-house legal departments.
Outsourced & Interim General Counsel
We provide general counsel services to organizations that don’t have a legal department or have temporary gaps in legal leadership.
- Served in interim general or senior in-house counsel roles for companies and organizations, including a school district, a public high-tech manufacturing company, and a large privately-held drive-through coffee chain.
- Developed tools to assess a legal department’s performance against best practices in customary in-house legal functions, as well as tools to support improvements.
- Provided executive coaching for General Counsel.
Strategic Transactions Support
We help companies prepare for and manage complex business transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and financings. We also provide post-transaction integration and support.
- Served as outside general counsel guiding a manufacturing company through a complex restructuring and private-equity investment.
- Served as outside general counsel to the acquiring company in a management buyout transaction.
- Provided long-term, on-site support to a client involved in the acquisition of several small companies, developing templates and processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
Specialized In-house Support
We help companies add capacity to in-house legal teams for important strategic projects and initiatives. Examples include strategic planning, creating or enhancing corporate governance and compliance policies, managing complex litigation, internal investigations, and conflict resolution.
- Assessed an in-house legal department’s structure and effectiveness to evaluate how well-positioned the department was for growth.
- Assisted a public company client with enhancements to its governance and compliance policies and procedures, as well as related training.
- Oversaw and conducted high-stakes workplace investigations and developed training materials to assist in post-investigation conflict resolution.
- Supplemented the capacity of in-house legal teams for several organizations by providing resources for commercial contract review and negotiation.